Monday, November 28, 2011

Catch up...

I'm sorry it's been so long since my last update.  I've been really busy lately between Dr's appointments, trying to wrap up projects at work, and our baby classes.  I will try to do an actual weekly post on Thursday, but for now I will just hit the highlights of the last few weeks. 

Two weeks ago, the day after our second shower, we were headed home from running some errands and were almost in a potentially serious accident.  An older guy, who had no business having a license, tried to merge into us without signaling or checking to see if there were any other cars around.  Had he succeeded, we would have been sandwiched between him and a concrete barrier, and probably rear-ended by the car behind us.  Luckily R was able to slam on the brakes to avoid the accident.  However, the seat belt tightened on my belly and my OB decided we should come in for a check, just in case.  It's a good thing we did, because I was apparently having contractions, although I couldn't feel them.  At one point they were coming every 4 minutes.  They weren't productive contractions, but the OB wanted me observed over night, so we spent the night in labor and delivery.  It was actually one of the more comfortable hospital stays I have had.  They were able to get my contractions slowed/stopped.  In the morning, I had an ultrasound to confirm that everything looked good with my cervix and there was no bleeding or anything.  I passed with flying colors, and so did Connor.  They measured him while doing the scan.  At that point, they were estimating his weight at 5 lbs 5 oz and put him in the 100th percentile for size.  His head and abdomen were measuring 5 weeks ahead.  He is going to be a big boy!  He was very active and did not like being on the monitor all night.

At my follow up with the OB, we discussed Connor's size and agreed that we would schedule a primary C section for his due date, but if I went into labor before that (which she implied was likely) we will play it by ear.  We will see what happens.  I'm 32 weeks 4 days today, which means a little over 4 weeks until he is full term, and a little over 7 weeks until his due date.  My goal is to make it to full term (12/29). 

Connor has been very active lately and has had the hiccups almost every day.  I think that is one of my favorite feelings.  We were up visiting Mom and Dad for Thanksgiving this last weekend and Mom finally got to feel him move and got to feel him with the hiccups.  Since we were also celebrating Christmas (I won't be able to make the drive for actual Christmas), it was like Connor's gift to his Oma.  It was so great spending time with Mom, Dad, Alex and Sig.  I can't believe the next time I see Mom and Dad, I will be a Mom myself!  Now we just need to finish our classes (Newborn Care, Infant CPR, and Childbirth are done - Carseat Safety and Postpartum Prep still to go), and finish getting the apartment ready. 

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment