Sunday, January 29, 2012

Big Changes!

There's lots of big changes in the works.  First, Connor had his two week check up on Friday and wow has he grown.  He is now 21.5 inches long and weighs 9 lbs, 6 oz.  He was 20.5 inches long and 7 lb, 10 oz at his appointment 11 days before.  The pediatrician says that he looks for a minimum weight gain of an ounce a day and would have been happy with 11 oz, but Connor is already an over-achiever.  He said that he is not at all concerned that he has gained so much as he is in the 79th percentile for length and the 69th for weight. 

The other big change is that we will be moving sometime before April 9th.  With Amazon moving into our neighborhood, apartment demand has gone out of control and they are hiking up our rent by $250 a month.  We just can't afford that right now with the added expenses for Connor, so it's time to go.  It's going to be a really hard move between having a 2 month old and I will be having my chest surgery on 3/27, which will likely be 4 days prior to our move date.  I have no idea how we are going to pull that off.  I'm hoping we will be able to begin moving in prior to my surgery and we can get help with cleaning the old place.  I can pack before surgery so we are ready to go.  We'll see I guess.  I'm really upset about this whole thing and have been kind of in shut down mode about it for the last several days, but I'm starting to be able to focus on the positives.  If we are able to get a house Connor will have a yard and hopefully we will end up with more space so we will have room for a Christmas tree next year, a guest room, a dining space...all the things we have been missing by living in the apartments for the last several years.

And I have to say that I am starting to realize that even the price we are currently paying is way too much for this apartment, let alone what they are now asking.  Sure, the neighborhood was great, but Amazon has ruined that.  We can no longer go to our favorite local haunts without being overrun with Amazon folks.  The only good thing about the location is proximity to work, which hopefully will continue to not matter for me and will be negligible if we can end up somewhere near an express bus for R.  So that's my new huge project...

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment