Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Second ultrasound

We went for our second ultrasound today.  Our little one is measuring 6 weeks 2 days, which is just 3 days behind where I am at.  That is perfectly normal since there is a +/- 4 day variance on early ultrasound measurements.  Also, the tech only did one measurement of little one, so there is a larger margin of error.  More importantly, we were able to see our little one's heart beating away.  Heart rate was a nice strong 105 bpm.  She said this was right on track for where I am at in this pregnancy. 

We also met with the RE (it was R's first time meeting her).  She seemed very optimistic and said that the risk of miscarriage went from 30% to less than 10%.  She said it could be even lower due to my age, but she likes to be more cautious.  She gave me some advice for my constipation and nausea and said that I can go back to Dr J (my OB).  She also said that going on the camping trip in a couple of weeks would be fine, but that I need to be able to get to a hospital if I were to start bleeding.  I still need to research and see how far the campsite is from a hospital.  I stopped by Dr J's office on my way out and scheduled my first OB appointment for a week from today.

Without further ado, here is the latest pic of little one:






- J

No comments:

Post a Comment