Thursday, June 9, 2011

8 Weeks

I missed last week's update and I don't have a lot of time today, so I will try to make this as detailed as I can.

Last week's ultrasound went perfectly.  Little one was measuring 6 weeks 2 days and I was 6 weeks 5 days along, so pretty close.  Most importantly, baby had a clear heartbeat of 105 bpm.  Dr S told us that the risk of miscarriage at this point is less than 10% and she released me to my OB's office.

This week I had my first OB appointment.  I was supposed to see the nurse practitioner, but there was a cancellation, so Dr J was able to see me.  She was so thrilled I was there.  We went over the plans for this pregnancy and everything sounds pretty normal except that I will be getting an early Glucose Tolerance test in addition to the normal one at 28 weeks.  She will also keep my on the Lovenox until 34 weeks when she will switch me to Heparin instead.

I was able to get another ultrasound and little one was measuring at 7 weeks 5 days, which is exactly how far along I was.  She didn't measure the heart rate this time, but estimated it at between 140 - 160 bpm.  She said that everything look perfect at this point.  I am so thrilled.

I scheduled my NT scan and next OB appointment for July 8th, and Mom is going to come with me.  I can't wait.  I am sure I will get far more nervous the closer we get, but I am feeling really positive and hopeful right now.

I will post the latest ultrasound pictures later.


Weekly Check In:


  • How far along?: 8 weeks
  • Total weight gain: I got a baseline weight at my first OB appointment, so I will have a way to compare in a month when I go back for my next.
  • How big is baby?: Little one is the size of a large raspberry today.  At my ultrasound on Tuesday, the measurement was 1.42 cm.
  • Maternity clothes?: Fully in maternity clothes at this point.  They are so comfortable.
  • Movement: Still way too early.
  • Stretch marks?: Just the ones I already had.
  • Sleep?: I am still exhausted all of the time and I have started waking up 2-3 times a night to go to the bathroom.
  • Symptoms?: Exhausted, heartburn, heightened sense of smell, frequent urination, gassy, constipated, very mild nausea, and really vivid dreams.  I am still loving each and every symptom.
  • Food cravings:  Fruit, carbs and gyros.  Gyro meat seems to be the only animal protein I actually want to eat.
  • Belly button in or out?: Still an innie.
  • What I miss: I miss coffee, but I have found a coffee free frappucino that I really like.
  • What I'm looking forward to: My NT scan and next OB appointment on July 8.  Mom gets to come with me and I am so excited!.
  • Best Moment this week: This will be the two week version, since I missed last week.  Last week's highlight was seeing our little one's heart beating away for the first time and finding out that the risk of miscarriage is less than 10% at this point.  This week's highlight was having my first OB appointment.  
  • Milestone: Baby is starting to make spontaneous movements, although I can't feel them.  Also, little one's heart is continuing to form as are the eyelids, ears and facial features.

No comments:

Post a Comment