Saturday, May 14, 2011

Here's hoping the 3rd time's the charm...

After a rough weekend between the 6 month anniversary of losing Hannah and Liam, and what should have been my first Mother's Day, I got a fantastic surprise last Monday.






I am pregnant again!!  And while I am very nervous and cautious, I am also feeling optimistic about this little one.  I went in for all of the requisite blood tests this week.  The goal is to have the hormone amount double every 24 hours.  On Monday, 11 days past ovulation, my hormone level was 11.  That amount is low, but as my RE mentioned, I did test 4 days early.  On Wednesday, my hormone level was 45.  It more than quadrupled from the first draw.  And on Friday, my hormone level was 149!  I will be going in for my first ultrasound on 5/31.  I will be 6 weeks and 5 days along at that point.  I am praying we will be able to see a heartbeat.  My due date is 1/19/2012.

In the meantime, I am continuing on the Metformin (for insulin resistance), baby aspirin, progesterone suppositories, and Lovenox (an injectable blood thinner).  I will remain on most of those drugs for the whole first trimester, although I may end some sooner and continue others longer, depending on what my Drs say.

We haven't told anyone yet.  We are planning on telling my parents and R's mom a week from today.  I have a surprise all planned out for it.  We will be celebrating Mom's birthday and also having a belated Mother's Day celebration.  I ordered two picture books (one is "Just Grandma and Me (A little critter book)", and the other is "The Bernstein Bears and a Week at Grandma's").  I also ordered two copies of "The Grandma's Book: For the Grandma Who's Best at Everything".  And I got a bib that says "I love Grandpa" (I wanted to make sure that Dad didn't feel left out).  My plan is to wrap up the books and have both moms open them at the same time.  I can't wait to see how they react.

So, my plan is update at least once a week with how everything is going.  I found some great questions on another person's blog that I am going to use.

  • How far along?: 4 weeks, 2 days
  • Total weight gain: Not sure yet.  I haven't been weighed in a while.  I guess we will see on 5/31.
  • How big is baby?: LO is the size of a poppy seed!
  • Maternity clothes?: Definitely not yet, but I am pretty bloated, so as soon as I get home the sweatpants come on.
  • Movement: Way too early. 
  • Stretch marks?: Just the ones I already had.
  • Sleep?: Not a lot.  I have been waking up multiple times during the night, either to pee or because I have heartburn.  I have also been waking up really early.  And then I am exhausted all day.
  • Symptoms?: Exhausted, heartburn, heightened sense of smell, frequent urination, metallic taste, gassy, and constipated.  Sounds awful, but I am loving each and every symptom.
  • Food cravings:  Fruit and veggies are sounding fantastic at this point.
  • Belly button in or out?: Still an innie.
  • What I miss: At this point, the only thing I really miss is coffee, but it is so worth giving up if it means I get a healthy baby to bring home in January!
  • What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to telling our parents and going in for my ultrasound.
  • Best Moment this week: Seeing that faint second line and getting such excellent blood test results.
  • Milestone: Not sure.  I will have to check my books and find out what's going on this week.


 - J

No comments:

Post a Comment