Thursday, May 19, 2011

5 Weeks!

I am 5 weeks along today! That puts me 1/8 of the way through this pregnancy. Every week that I get to check off without a problem is an absolute blessing.

I get to go in for an even earlier ultrasound tomorrow! I called my RE's office yesterday and explained how anxious I was. They said that given my history, I could come in tomorrow, as long as I understood that it would be too early to see a heartbeat yet. I am absolutely okay with that if it means that I get to see my little one. And I get to keep the appointment on the 31st! Fingers crossed that everything goes well tomorrow.

Weekly Check In:

  • How far along?: 5 weeks
  • Total weight gain: Haven't been weighed yet. We'll see if they weigh me tomorrow.
  • How big is baby?: Little one is the size of an appleseed today!
  • Maternity clothes?: I have started wearing some transitional pieces, not because I have a bump but because my bloat is that bad.
  • Movement: Way too early.
  • Stretch marks?: Just the ones I already had.
  • Sleep?: I have been sleeping better, although I am going to bed at 8:30 or 9:00 and waking up at 4:00 am. I don't seem to be tossing and turning quite as much. I am exhausted again about an hour after I wake up though.
  • Symptoms?: Exhausted, heartburn, heightened sense of smell, frequent urination, gassy, constipated, very mild nausea, and really vivid dreams.  I am still loving each and every symptom.
  • Food cravings:  Fruit and veggies are still sounding fantastic at this point. I am finding that any soy product other than soy milk is making me nauseous, which makes life difficult with my food allergies.
  • Belly button in or out?: Still an innie.
  • What I miss: The only thing I miss at this point is energy and the ability to go to bed at 11:00 like a decent 29 year old.
  • What I'm looking forward to: I can't wait for my ultrasound tomorrow. And as long as everything goes well, we will be telling our parents on Saturday.
  • Best Moment this week: Taking a digital test and seeing the word "Pregnant" come up. That and getting my third beta results.
  • Milestone: This week, little one's kidneys, liver and nerves are forming, as are the buds for it's arms and legs. Little one's spine has formed, and it's heart will start beating within the next week, although it is still too early to pick up on an ultrasound. 
- J

    No comments:

    Post a Comment