Thursday, May 26, 2011

6 Weeks!

6 weeks today!  I am thrilled to be at this point.  I am feeling much better today and I think a lot of that has to do with taking another test this morning and getting a really dark line.  I know it's a little ridiculous, but I couldn't help it.  Anyway, here I am at 6 weeks.  Woohoo!

We are going camping this weekend, which should hopefully be a lot of fun.  I am a little nervous about the weather and the bears.  They have been spotted in the area and it is cub season, so I hope we don't run into any angry mama bears.  I am also a little nervous about avoiding people's cigarette smoke and not giving away our secret.  We'll see what happens I guess. 

Weekly Check In:


  • How far along?: 6 weeks
  • Total weight gain: They didn't weigh me last week, so I have no idea.
  • How big is baby?: Little one is the size of a sweet pea today!  R asked me the size this morning and when I told him he said "of course little one is a sweet pea, but what size is it?"  I thought that was really cute.
  • Maternity clothes?: I have pretty much made the conversion to maternity clothes or sweats full time at this point.  They are comfortable, and I am only slightly ashamed.
  • Movement: Still way too early.
  • Stretch marks?: Just the ones I already had.
  • Sleep?: I think I am starting to get used to being exhausted.  I am still worn out all of the time, but I seem to be better able to cope with it.  I think I have been sleeping a little better too.  If not, I am used to tossing and turning all night as well.
  • Symptoms?: Exhausted, heartburn, heightened sense of smell, frequent urination, gassy, constipated, very mild nausea, and really vivid dreams.  I am still loving each and every symptom.
  • Food cravings:  Fruit and veggies are still good, but I have also been craving hot dogs lately.
  • Belly button in or out?: Still an innie.
  • What I miss: Still missing the ability to have a normal bed time.  I am also missing coffee at this point.
  • What I'm looking forward to: Our next ultrasound on the 31st!  Here's hoping we see a perfect, healthy heartbeat.
  • Best Moment this week: Telling our parents.  Everyone was thrilled and so excited.  It was great to be able to surprise them that way.
  • Milestone: This week, little one's brain is continuing to form, as are it's arms and legs.  Blood is pumping through it's little body, and eyes and nostrils are starting to form. At this point, little one has a pancreas and an appendix.
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment