Monday, June 13, 2011

2nd Camping Trip and Ultrasound Picture

First, I apologize in being remiss with my posting.  I meant to post Baby's latest ultrasound picture, but haven't had time.  This was the first chance that I have had, and it is almost a week later.  So without further ado, here is our little one:



Now, on to our camping trip.  Talk about a comedy of errors!  We got started far later than anticipated, each stop took much longer than it should and as a result the person we were following got a little heavy footed.  We were just coming down out of Steven's Pass and we both got pulled over for speeding.  The person we were following is going to pay our ticket, which is fantastic, but I am worried about the hit on our insurance.  After that little debacle, we got a call from someone who had already made it to the site.  Apparently there was a mud slide and the road to the site was closed due to fallen trees.  Our hostess was devastated.  This was her special place.  But I think that the site will be fine as soon as they clear the down trees.

We ended up finding another site that was large enough for all of us and was also very beautiful.  It was right off of the river, which was gorgeous and so relaxing.  The only problem is that there were mosquitoes everywhere and I was basically eaten alive all weekend.  I am covered head to toe with bites.  Everyone else was pretty much okay, but I couldn't use the bug spray because of little one.  I am so incredibly itchy!

Other than that, we had a very nice weekend.  The weather was beautiful and the company (for the most part) was excellent.  Our next camping trip is in just under three weeks.  I am hoping that everything continues to go well so that I can go along.  Next weekend we have a wedding to go to and we are going to visit my parents for Father's Day.  The following weekend we will be down in Portland for Solstice.  It is going to be a very busy few weeks.

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment