Monday, June 27, 2011

Baby's first trip to Portland and other updates.

We went to Portland last weekend for the annual Solstice party.  We left Friday night and got there late, but avoided all of the traffic, which was a great start to the weekend.  People were still awake when we got there, so we spent some time sitting around the fire and chatting.  I finally went to bed around 1:30 am when I couldn't stop yawning and immediately passed out.  R stayed up chatting longer and ended up drinking a little too much.  He told a friend of ours about little one.  We had talked about it, and I wasn't really upset, but since we hadn't decided for sure, I was a little surprised.  I was more upset when he got drunk the next day at the party and told everyone.  While I am thrilled for the love and support that everyone is giving us, it makes me nervous to have so many people know at this point.  I miss the naivete that goes with never having experienced a loss. 

In other news, it looks like I will be having surgery.  Yesterday night before bed I noticed that my right implant was looking weird and was really soft.  This morning it became obvious that it has sprung a leak.  It is deflating rapidly and I am already starting to look concave.  I had been told in the past that if my implant were to leak, I would need to have surgery to replace it as soon as possible to avoid having to go through the expansion process again.  I called both my OB and my plastic surgeon today.  The OB said that I could have the surgery once I am out of the first trimester and it should be safe for baby.  The plastic surgeon's nurse wasn't as sure.  She said for sure there would be no surgery until the 2nd trimester at the earliest, but they may want me to wait until after little one has arrived.  I want to do whatever is safest for baby,  but I am concerned that waiting will make me require multiple surgeries, a painful re-expansion process (which will be incredibly difficult with the newborn), and could cause scar tissue problems since that is the side that is more prone to scar tissue.  She couldn't tell me for sure what the surgeon thinks because he was in surgery, so now I have to wait until tomorrow to hear back. 

Here's to waiting to tomorrow I guess...

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment