Thursday, July 21, 2011

14 Week Update

Another big week!

Mom is doing much better.  She does have a tumor in her brain, but apparently it has been there since at least November (hard to see on her previous scan) and it hasn't changed appreciably since then.  The Dr doesn't think it is causing the stomach issues and doesn't think radiation or surgery is necessary at this point.  He wants her to go in for repeat scans every 3-6 months for now.  She goes back to talk to her oncologist again on 8/8, so we will see what he has to say.  And the steroids are helping.  Her appetite is getting better and she is keeping food down.  I am going to spend the weekend with her and Dad, so I am really happy about that. 

I met with my surgeon this week and we have a preliminary plan in place.  He wants me to see a hematologist 8 weeks after little one is born to discuss whether I need to be on blood thinners for surgery or not since I have had a post surgical blood clot before.  He also wants me evaluated for clotting/bleeding disorders.  We are tentatively scheduled for surgery March 27 or 28 depending on which surgeon does the operation and what the hematologist says.  And he also said that he won't know whether expansions are necessary or not until he gets in there, but either way, it will be an outpatient procedure.  Huge weight off my mind.

Weekly Check In:

  • How far along?: 14 weeks
  • Total weight gain: I am up 2 lb (3 from last week).
  • How big is baby?: Baby is the size of a lemon this week. 
  • Maternity clothes?: Fully in maternity clothes at this point.  They are so comfortable.
  • Movement: Still way too early.  I have an anterior placenta, so it will likely be quite a while before I get to feel little one moving around.
  • Stretch marks?: Just the ones I already had.
  • Sleep?: This week has not been good.  I can no longer sleep comfortably on my stomach, and I am not supposed to sleep on my back anymore.  The left side is more comfortable, but triggers my sciatica and the right side is really uncomfortable.  If I am having a hard time sleeping now, I hate to see how it will be later.
  • Symptoms?: Starting to be a little less exhausted and nauseous.  Heartburn, heightened sense of smell, frequent urination, gassy, constipated, really vivid dreams, food aversions and round ligament pain are all still there.  
  • Food cravings:  Still wanting sweets, but I am also enjoying bacon and potatoes.  R likes to say that my Irish is coming out.  Other meats are not sitting well any more.
  • Belly button in or out?: Still an innie.
  • What I miss: I'm actually not missing too much at the moment.  I was missing coffee, but I have started having the occasional iced decaf coffee and am feeling much better now.
  • What I'm looking forward to: Spending time with Mom and Dad this weekend.  And going to see Harry Potter with R on Sunday.
  • Best Moment this week: Finding out that Mom doesn't have to have surgery or radiation and coming up with a plan for my surgery.
  • Milestone: Baby is growing hair, eyebrows and eyelashes this week!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment