Wednesday, August 3, 2011

15 Week Check In (a little late)

Okay, maybe more than a little late, considering that I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow.  We have been very busy this last week and I have been recovering from an inadvertent dairy allergy attack, which has left me sick for several days and with very little energy.  Here's our big news for the week:

R's band got booked to play El Corazon again.  On August 15th, they will be opening for Diamond Head (huge British Metal band here on their 1st ever US tour).  They are also going into the studio and recording their EP in a few days.  He has been very busy with increased practices and pre-production stuff.

On Sunday, we saw R's Dad's side of the family and shared our good news with them.  It turns out that baby is due on R's grandma's birthday, which is pretty cool.

Aside from all of that, we have the typical work drama going on (that's what happens with 3 company mergers).  I am not totally sure who my boss is right now, but the guy who is going to be my boss was so desperate to have me on his team that he didn't even blink when I told him I would need to work from home full time once Baby arrives, and I need a title change (which will hopefully lead to a pay increase).  I also told him that I would be working from home at least part time leading up to Baby's arrival.  This is one of the times it pays to be the only one in the company that can do my job.

Weekly Check In:

  • How far along?: 15 weeks
  • Total weight gain: I am down a pound from my pre-pregnancy weight.
  • How big is baby?: Baby is the size of a navel orange this week. 
  • Maternity clothes?: Fully in maternity clothes at this point.  They are so comfortable.
  • Movement: I have started to feel some little baby wiggles. I thought is was far too early, but it is definitely the baby moving around!
  • Stretch marks?: Just the ones I already had.
  • Sleep?: This week has been a little better. Still having a hard time getting comfortable, but I think I am getting used to it. At least, I don't feem to be waking up quite as much to change positions.
  • Symptoms?: Still having the heightened sense of smell, frequent urination, gassy, constipated, really vivid dreams, food aversions and round ligamnet pain. I have also had some back pain and I have been feelin movement!
  • Food cravings: Ham and potatoes are my new go to comfort food.
  • Belly button in or out?: Still an innie.
  • What I miss: Not a whole lot at this point.
  • What I'm looking forward to: Hitting 16 weeks, my next OB appointment (on 8/8/11) and hopefully have my anatomy scan soon!
  • Best Moment this week: It's a tie between feeling little one moving and hearing the baby's heart beat on the doppler for the first time.
  • Milestone: Baby is taking practice breaths, and is also practicing swallowing and sucking starting this week!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment