Thursday, August 18, 2011

18 Week Update

Sorry for not updating last week.  Thursday I got slammed at work and then we had a busy weekend so I wasn't able to get online.  A good friend of ours had his birthday last week, so Friday we got together and caught up on So You Think You Can Dance and Saturday we hosted a BBQ for his birthday.

Monday, R had his big show at El Corazon with Diamond Head.  The show went really well.  I'm amazed that he was able to sleep that night, he was so jazzed.  He got to meet the guys in Diamond Head (as well as the other bands) and got the show poster autographed by all of the members of the band.

I did have a small scare on Monday, but we went into the Dr for a check up and everything is fine.  They are concerned about the possibility of incompetent cervix due to how I lost the twins, so I think they were being hyper-vigilant, which is okay with me.  The Dr I saw was the one I saw right before my D&C.  While he is an excellent Dr, he was not really the one I wanted to see, especially since they scared me by insisting I come in right away.  I did get a surprise ultrasound out of the deal.  Baby was moving around, heartbeat was nice and strong, and everything was just as it should be.  It took me a few days to stop being worried, but I'm getting there.

Tomorrow we have friends from Bellingham coming to spend the night and then Saturday we have game at our place.  I'm hoping it will be a nice relaxing weekend.

Weekly Check In:

  • How far along?: 18 weeks
  • Total weight gain: I am up 2 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight as of Monday.
  • How big is baby?: Baby is the size of a sweet potato this week. 
  • Maternity clothes?: Fully in maternity clothes at this point.  They are so comfortable.
  • Movement: Still feeling some wiggles and a couple definite pokes here and there!
  • Stretch marks?: Just the ones I already had.
  • Sleep?: Sleep has not been my friend this week.  I have been waking up (mainly because of the dog) every night and then having a horrible time getting back to sleep.
  • Symptoms?: Still having the heightened sense of smell, frequent urination, gassy, constipated, really vivid dreams, food aversions and round ligamnet pain. I have also had some back pain and I have been feeling movement!
  • Food cravings: Carbs of any sort, Mexican food, strawberries, and melon.
  • Belly button in or out?: Still an innie.
  • What I miss: Not a whole lot at this point.
  • What I'm looking forward to: My next OB appointment and our anatomy scan on 9/6!
  • Best Moment this week: Getting a sneak peek of our sweet baby.
  • Milestone: Baby is getting very mobile.  Little one is yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment