Thursday, August 4, 2011

16 Week Update

I feel a little silly posting an update when I did one yesterday.  This will likely be a short update.

I did get my several test results back, which I am very excited about.  I passed my early Glucose Screening test with flying colors, found out I am not a carrier for cystic fibrosis, and I had excellent quad screen results (where they assess your risk for various chromosomal abnormalities).  Here are those results:

Down's Syndrome - My risk is 1:20,000
Neural Tube Defect - My risk is 1:5300
Trisomy 18 - My risk is 1:100 (the lowest risk possible on the test)

Weekly Check In:

  • How far along?: 16 weeks
  • Total weight gain: As of last week, I am down a pound from my pre-pregnancy weight. We'll find out where I stand now at my next appointment on Monday.
  • How big is baby?: Baby is the size of a large avocado this week. 
  • Maternity clothes?: Fully in maternity clothes at this point.  They are so comfortable.
  • Movement: I have started to feel some little baby wiggles. I thought is was far too early, but it is definitely the baby moving around!
  • Stretch marks?: Just the ones I already had.
  • Sleep?: This week has been a little better. Still having a hard time getting comfortable, but I think I am getting used to it. At least, I don't seem to be waking up quite as much to change positions.
  • Symptoms?: Still having the heightened sense of smell, frequent urination, gassy, constipated, really vivid dreams, food aversions and round ligamnet pain. I have also had some back pain and I have been feelin movement!
  • Food cravings: Ham and potatoes are my new go to comfort food.
  • Belly button in or out?: Still an innie.
  • What I miss: Not a whole lot at this point.
  • What I'm looking forward to: My next OB appointment (on 8/8/11) and hopefully have my anatomy scan soon!
  • Best Moment this week: Getting my test results back.
  • Milestone: Baby is starting to get bones in his/her ears, which means that s/he can start hearing me soon!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment