Monday, August 8, 2011

OB Appointment Update

R and I went in today for my 16 week appointment.  We were expecting to just have a quick chat, listen to Baby on the doppler, and then head out.  To my surprise, Dr J wanted me to have an ultrasound this week and another in 4 weeks.  She wanted the one this week specifically to make sure that there aren't any issues with my cervix, as I lost the twins in the second trimester and my cervix went from normal to way too short in less than a week.  Luckily, we were able to get in for that ultrasound today, so R was able to see little one as well. 

Baby was not being very cooperative during the scan and kept hiding it's face behind it's little hands.  The ultrasound tech did a great job and was very patient, but the whole thing took quite a while.  Baby was dancing on my bladder and hiding behind my belly button (which casts a shadow on the ultrasound).  Finally, she got what she needed and we were able to go.  If I didn't have to pee, I would have been fine with it taking all day.  I love watching little one move like that.  And I am so glad R got to be there as well. 

Next appointment is scheduled for Sept 6th.  We will go and have another ultrasound prior to the appointment and then go over the results with Dr J.  It seems so far away. 

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment