Thursday, September 15, 2011

22 Week Update

I'm actually updating on time for once!!  It's amazing!!

We are doing well.  Little one has been kicking like crazy, and I have been loving it.  We did have a little scare a couple of nights ago.  I was having some lower abdominal pain, low back pain and some cramping.  The on-call OB wanted me to come in and make sure I wasn't having contractions and didn't have a UTI.  So off I went to Labor & Delivery.  After about 30 - 45 minutes on the monitor, we determined that I wasn't having contractions and Baby hates the monitor.  It keep kicking and trying to move away from it.  Urine culture was clean, and they sent me home.  I was very impressed with my sneak preview of the Maternity ward and am happy we chose that hospital.  



Weekly Check In:


  • How far along?: 22 weeks
  • Total weight gain: I am up 7 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.
  • How big is baby?: Baby is the size of a papaya this week. 
  • Maternity clothes?: Fully in maternity clothes at this point.  They are so comfortable.
  • Movement: Much stronger kicks and movements the last week, and I was finally able to feel some movement from the outside.  Unfortunately little one likes to hide, so R hasn't felt anything yet.
  • Stretch marks?: Just the ones I already had.
  • Sleep?: Still having a hard time sleeping.  The body pillow really didn't help too much.
  • Symptoms?: Heightened sense of smell, really vivid dreams, heartburn and movement.
  • Food cravings: Sweets, bacon, burgers, other than that not a whole lot.
  • Belly button in or out?: Still an innie.
  • What I miss: Not a whole lot at this point.
  • What I'm looking forward to: Our big gender reveal dinner with the family on the 17th!
  • Best Moment this week: Hearing the baby on the monitor.
  • Milestone: Baby is starting to develop a sleeping pattern.  It spends 12 -14 hours a day sleeping!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment