Thursday, September 29, 2011

24 Week Update & Milestone

And this makes three weeks in a row!

Today is a huge milestone for us.  It's V Day, or viability day, which means that if Connor were born today the hospital would take measures to try to keep him alive and he would have a greater than 50% chance of survival.  Obviously I want him to keep cooking for another 13 weeks at least (preferably 16), but I feel like I can breathe a little more easily.  He has spent the day celebrating by kicking up a storm.


We have had a pretty quiet week, but we have a big weekend coming up.  Tomorrow we will be leaving for B'ham as soon as R gets off work.  Bruce, Christine, Tom and Joe are in town for a visit and I can't wait to see them.  It's been 11 years since we last saw them.  R hasn't met them yet, so I am looking forward to that as well.  Then it's a lot of work on the nursery next week because my shower is a week from Saturday! 

Weekly Check In:


  • How far along?: 24 weeks
  • Total weight gain: I am up 6.5 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.
  • How big is baby?: Baby is the size of a papaya this week. 
  • Maternity clothes?: Fully in maternity clothes at this point.  They are so comfortable.
  • Movement: Lots of strong kicks and movement!  And Connor finally let his daddy feel him kick! 
  • Stretch marks?: I just discovered some stretch marks right around my belly button.
  • Sleep?: Still having a hard time sleeping although the migraine meds have been knocking me out.
  • Symptoms?: Heightened sense of smell, really vivid dreams, heartburn and movement.
  • Food cravings: Cereal has been really good this week.
  • Belly button in or out?: Still an innie.
  • What I miss: Not a whole lot at this point.
  • What I'm looking forward to: Spending this weekend visiting with old friends.  I also have an OB appointment next Tuesday which I am excited about.
  • Best Moment this week: R getting to feel Connor kick for the first time.
  • Milestone: Connor's skin is becoming less transparent as he packs on some fat, and he is starting to take on a rosy hue as his capillaries develop.  He is making facial expressions: frowning, squinting and pursing his lips.  His nostrils are opening and his lungs are developing!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment