Thursday, September 22, 2011

23 Week Update

That's two weeks in a row.  Talk about a streak! 


We've had a good week.  It started with our gender reveal party last weekend.  We had a great time and everyone was very excited about our little man.  We had a great time with our family and friends.  It was especially nice spending the evening with R's daughter A.  Connor now has Godparents.  His Godfather, C, is one of Raven's best friends and was the best man in our wedding.  His Godmother, K, has been one of my best friends since High School  She is like a surrogate sister to me.


I ended up getting a horrible migraine Sunday and when it wasn't gone by Monday, I ended up going to see my Dr.  They ruled out anything having to do with my blood pressure (thank goodness!) so they sent me to the ER for further testing.  I was not impressed with the ER Dr, who apparently couldn't tell I am pregnant or read my chart.  He wanted to send me for a CT scan for the incredibly minute possibility of there being an issue in my brain.  I decided that wasn't worth the risk to Connor and declined.  He gave me some meds that took most of the pain away and sent me home.  My OB has now given me some meds in case the migraines come back, so hopefully I am all set. 



In more exciting news, I have started working on some projects for the nursery.  I got Connor's initials in wooden letters and I have been working on painting and decorating them.  I just finished a knitted blanket and I am starting to work on a quilt/wall hanging to go over the crib. 

Weekly Check In:


  • How far along?: 23 weeks
  • Total weight gain: I am up 6.5 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.
  • How big is baby?: Baby is the size of a papaya this week. 
  • Maternity clothes?: Fully in maternity clothes at this point.  They are so comfortable.
  • Movement: Much stronger kicks and movements the last week, and I was finally able to feel some movement from the outside.  I can see movement from the outside now, but Connor still hasn't let his daddy feel him move yet. 
  • Stretch marks?: I just discovered some stretch marks right around my belly button.
  • Sleep?: Still having a hard time sleeping although the migraine meds have been knocking me out.
  • Symptoms?: Heightened sense of smell, really vivid dreams, heartburn and movement.
  • Food cravings: Cereal has been really good this week.
  • Belly button in or out?: Still an innie.
  • What I miss: Not a whole lot at this point.
  • What I'm looking forward to: At this exact moment, a nap.  We are going to a housewarming party this weekend which should be fun.
  • Best Moment this week: Sharing the news of our little guy with our friends and family.
  • Milestone: Connor's face is fully developed at this point.  Now he is growing nipples!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment